Tuesday, April 19, 2011

For My Husband

Ten Things I Like About Being Married:

1. No more dating! It is just wonderful not having to wonder who I am going to grow old with.
2. I can eat peanut butter straight out of the jar without feeling gross- it's just me and him and our germs are friends by now.
3. I always know which of us is responsible for whatever mess has been left, and if it's mine, I know how long I can get away without cleaning it up.
4. Built-in heater! I always have someone to cuddle with if I am too cold.
5. For the most part, not having to worry about skeezy people trying to hit on me in a bar. Or grocery store. Or park. Whatever. If I feel like someone is checking me out, I just twist my ring subtly -or make some kind of big gesture with my hand in front of my face. Or rump. Whatever part is being looked at.
6. Always having someone in my corner. Being married means getting to be with my best friend all the time and having someone to back me up when I need it.
7. Getting to do things married people do... filing jointly... sharing a bank account... and so forth...
8. Occasionally having an excuse to get out of things... You know- "My husband needs me to do this important thing so I can't go do that boring thing with you." Fantastic!
9. Having someone to reach high things for me at home and in the store. My man is very useful!
10. Having an automatic date for everything! Marriage is awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment